Due to a large number of our range officers and regular attendees shooting the USPSA Area 6 Championship on April 8th, we have modified our match as follows:
For those of you planning to shoot our regularly scheduled match at MGAC this Saturday per my previous emails we are going to be doing some things differently in this Saturday's match for a change of pace.
We will be having 3 stages that will be pretty traditional 2-gun rifle/pistol stages (no shotgun this match), and since several guy's have been clamoring to shoot 1911's on an equal footing with other pistols we are going to limit pistols to not more than nine rounds in the gun with 8 in the magazines. You can run any pistol-just observe the ammo limits.
We are also going to have a "sniper stage" that is rifle only.
I have been trying to devise a scoring system for our "sniper stage" which is both challenging and introduces a touch of realism. What I have come up with rewards first round hits and penalizes misses as would be the case in the sniper world.
Sniper Stage Scoring: One hit will be required neutralize a target. The scoring system awards bonus points/time for a 1st round hit, no bonus points/time for a 2nd round hit, and time penalties for failure to neutralize, failure to engage, and failure to shoot the course in tactical order. Each target may be engaged with not more than 2 shots. There is also an optional bonus target in addition to 4 mandatory targets. Maximum time 200 seconds.
The general rules for the sniper stage are:
1. Limited to rifles not greater than .30 caliber and muzzle velocity not more than 3,200 FPS.
2. You can shoot a gas gun or a bolt gun.
3. There will be 4 mandatory steel targets with 1 bonus target.
4. Known distances of 200, 300, 450 and 600 yards.
5. Shot from the prone position. A shooting mat will be provided.6. Shooter may utilize a bipod, a rifle sling, a pack, a field type shooting bag, or any combination of sling, bipod, pack or field shooting bag for support. Anything used for support must be of the type employed under field shooting conditions. Benchrest type rifle front rests and rabbit-ear rear bags are prohibited. Match Director and RSO’s decision as to acceptability of supports shall be final.